In Escapes October 2nd, 2009
- Brent noted that he will first try to escape and get the top position. If he is squashing you and not letting that happen, then go for the Darce/Marce.
- To get your near side arm under him, take your far side arm and grab his trap under his chin, and bridge – popping your arm under.
In Escapes August 16th, 2009
When you opponent has his legs crossed and is sitting low on your body, do the following:
Extend one of your legs fully and drive it to the ground seperating his two legs. You may have to rotate on your hips to wedge it in.
Push off his hips and shrimp your legs out from between his legs.
In Chokes August 16th, 2009
To easily recover guard:
- Extend leg straight out that is closest to your opponent.
- Sit on top of your other leg and rotate into your opponent.
- Keep your head and neck arched back and protected from Darce’s and Guillotines.
To easily take top side side mount:
- When opponent is on your side, take the knee closest to him and put it on the side of him facing your feet.
- Sit up and rotate your body towards him – take your arm closest to him and rotating it towards your knee.
- This will put him on his back and you on his side.