March 21st, 2009 0
- Start by getting wrist control like I am going for a kimura. That will keep him from basing out on his arm and preventing the sweep.
- The sweep actually is off to the side at about 45 degrees – not straight back.
- Throw your opposite arm across his face over his opposite shoulder.
- Try to hip bump really high into his chest – and drive your knee into his armpit.
If unsuccessful, try to come down into omoplata (untried as of yet):
March 7th, 2009 0
- Keep your head pressed into opponents heart. Any lower, you can get caught in D’arce Chokes.
- When you are ready release the lockdown, do a leg curl with the leg that is still hooked with his so that you bend his leg towards your butt. This helps aid the sweep.