To easily recover guard:
- Extend leg straight out that is closest to your opponent.
- Sit on top of your other leg and rotate into your opponent.
- Keep your head and neck arched back and protected from Darce’s and Guillotines.
To easily take top side side mount:
- When opponent is on your side, take the knee closest to him and put it on the side of him facing your feet.
- Sit up and rotate your body towards him – take your arm closest to him and rotating it towards your knee.
- This will put him on his back and you on his side.